Office Supplies

2:44 PM


A few weeks ago, I lamented the fact that I had not been taking full advantage of my time, and I vowed to get out my agenda and start scheduling my tasks to get things accomplished.  I pulled out my beautiful Whitney English Day Designer and started pulling myself together.

The very first thing I worked on was finally actually creating an editorial calendar for the blogs.  My biggest accomplishment for getting this together was actually taking the time to think about the tasks for each type of blog post.  I had to say to myself, "Plan each post like a small project.  What are the dependencies and milestones?"  I know, Project Manager nerd I am.

I am a huge list maker, and although the Whitney English planner has one column for appointments and one for To-Dos each day, it actually didn't have bough lines for me to break down all of my tasks for three blogs, a YouTube channel, our real estate to-dos, A's schedule, and my normal household stuff, not to mention keeping my recent upsurge in interviews and recruiter calls (yay) organized.  I decided to keep the Whitney English just for blog and YouTube  and to try to find something that I could use for jobs, A, and life in general.  A quick trip to Staples came up with this Daily/Monthly planner, which is working out great.


The rest is just fun stuff I've pulled together to keep me organized and on track with my planning but to have it be fun and cute at the same time.




I don't have it in me to be a scrapbooker/journaler, but have you seen the videos on YouTube of how people decorate their Filofax?  It's inspiring.  I think Smash has so many neat products, and I love finding ways to use them other than what they were designed for.  The cards are great for writing notes about thoughts or upcoming posts.


Post-It tabs and magnetic and extra large paper clips help me find important notes without having to flip through every page.  And who can live without Wite-Out and a phone cleaner?


I found great pouches like this one at Michael's in the dollar bins at the front of the store.  It's perfect for carrying all this stuff around.


I also keep one thin journal specifically for each of the blogs and the YouTube channel.  I grab up the Moleskine journals especially if I can find them on sale.


I'm late to the party with washi tape, but I'm making up for lost time now, and you never know when you'll need a sticker.


One day when I was substituting at the school, several of the kids brought these pens to class.  I love how the lid converts into a stand, so of course I had to go get a set too.

How do you keep yourself organized?  Are you like A Bowl Full of Lemons?  If so, how do you do it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook