Umami Burger

8:11 PM

Sometimes when the husband and I have a night to ourselves and we want to run out to grab a quick meal, we don't even need to think about it, we choose a burger.  We are very fortunate to live in an area that has some outstanding burger restaurants.  I've talked about The Counter before, but I do have to say that Umami Burger is really my favorite.  When we first started going to Umami, we'd have to trek over to Los Feliz, but now we have our own in Old Town.  It is pretty small, so getting a table always feels like a major undertaking unless you are there at an off-peak hour.  They have a good selection of bottled beers and sodas.


Without fail, I order the manly burger, which has beer cheddar cheese, smoked-salt onion strings, and bacon lardon, but I always say I'm going to order the port and Stilton burger (but I never do).  I have had the classic Umami burger, but I prefer the manly.


I am sometimes tempted to order the truffle burger, but we always order truffle fries, and I don't want there to be truffle overkill.


I thought that writing about food would satisfy my cravings while I'm trying to do better with my diet, but I have to admit that looking at these fries is making it pretty difficult to concentrate.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook