Moonlight

8:30 PM

I know we all have those days.  I've been having a few lately, and yesterday was a doozy.  Do people still say doozy?  I guess so since I just did.  I read the suggestion that when you are having one of those days, and your thoughts are your own worst enemy, you should be prepared and have a list of things to take a break and think about that will help snap you out of it.  After I read that, I prepared my obligatory list: my husband, my kids, the dogs, pizza, my pillow...then I was in such a bad mood, I couldn't think of anything else to put on the list.  That made me get even more upset and mad at my self.  How could I not think of good things to put on a list to cheer myself up?  What kind of person am I?  I wandered around the house in a snit criticizing myself.  The more I wanted to snap out of it, the more upset I got.  I finally gave up, went to bed, and lay there thinking even more critical thoughts.

This morning I woke up vowing to put it behind me.  I needed to edit some photos and for some reason started going through the old photos on the computer.  I immediately started criticizing myself again.  I really need to move the photos onto storage; there are just too many of them taking up room on the computer, and I keep just putting it off.  The voice in my head started nagging reminding me of all the other chores I've been putting off.  Then I opened this picture and just stopped.


It's a picture up through the trees in our backyard of the full moon through a layer of fog.  It was so purely black and white, it looked like something out of an old movie.  Looking up through those trees was like being somewhere else for a few minutes.  Finding this today when I needed it was a chance to be looking up again for a few minutes, remembering that cold night and the full moon in the sky.  Now I have something else to add to my list.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook