Lullaby Town - Robert Crais

9:51 PM

Sometimes I feel like I'm odd man out.  I seem to like things that other people don't and dislike the things that other people rave about.  It's not everything, but usually the things that get a lot of hype, I just don't like.  I didn't like Avatar even though everyone in the world went to see it three times because they thought it was so great.  My bookish friends hated Angels and Demons, but I thought it was fun.  I do admit to being one of the addicted throngs of Game of Thrones though.


This week I tried to read Robert Crais again.  Not tried, I finished Lullaby Town because I have this weird need to finish every book I start even if it takes 10 years.  I want to like Crais' Elvis Cole series for a number of reasons.  So many other people like it (like everyone in my book group except for me), I feel like I'm the outsider who is not going to be picked for dodge ball if I don't go along.  You know, the kid who wants to play with Barbies still while everyone else is planning boy/girl parties.  I also want to like it because I had the chance to hear Crais speak a few years ago, and he seems like a really nice guy.  I want nice people to do well, although I'm not sure how just me not liking his books is going to make a difference to him.  I mean the guy has made a gazillion dollars off this series.  But I feel like I'm letting him down by not liking his writing.  So you know what that means?  This time next year, I'll probably be reading Free Fall and wondering why I don't like Crais' writing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook