New York Minute

2:23 PM




After over two years of almost weekly travel, I, like most of the world, had my last business trip in February. Since A's class schedule had her with free days on Mondays and Fridays, and my meeting was on a Friday, we took the red-eye on Thursday after her last class so that we could get to the hotel, find a place for her to perch while I ran across the street to my meeting, and then we could spend a long weekend in the city. We stayed at the Sheraton in Times Square because it was literally across the street from my client's office, and I was able to upgrade us to a suite with my suite upgrade through Bonvoy. I tend to always stay at Marriott properties when I'm traveling. We were both exhausted by Friday night so decided to take it easy and bring back food to the room to eat while we watched a movie, so we walked across the street to Shakeshack.


The next day we walked everywhere to do all of the shopping we had planned as well as stopping to have bagels at Ess-a-Bagel, and then we had a quick pre-theatre dinner before going to see Hadestown




A had really wanted to go to Balthazar, and we were able to get a breakfast reservation on Sunday morning before going to a matinee of Moulin Rouge. We were worn out after that and headed back to the hotel to unwind and pack for our travel day on Monday. 





It was incredibly special that the last trip we were able to take before isolating was with each other to New York. We had actually never been there together, and even though we didn't make it through half of the things on our list, we are hoping to be back soon. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook