Cinnamon Rolls

1:19 PM


I was going through pictures on my computer and came across this picture of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls I had made one weekend for the family.  There is no easy breakfast that is more appreciated than these cinnamon rolls.  I've mentioned before that when I was growing up, my parents were always self-employed, and a large portion of our meals were centered around things that were quick and easy to prepare.  These cinnamon rolls were one of the things that I loved while I was growing up, and the kids still love them.  I do try to make things from scratch though because I don't want to overdue preservatives and processed foods, so I've been on the lookout for an easy cinnamon roll recipe that could replace these. I've tried using frozen bread dough, but I think it doesn't have the right texture and makes the rolls dry.


So I went to Pinterest for inspiration where I found a picture labeled Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls.  Thinking it was too good to be true, I clicked through to the Food.com recipe and found that not only were these supposed to taste exactly like Cinnabon's, the dough could be prepared in the bread machine.


I literally threw these together just as we were sitting down to eat dinner.  An hour and a half later, I had a sweet dough that smelled and looked perfect.  I rolled it out, spread it with butter, dotted it with brown sugar and cinnamon, rolled and cut.


They only needed to bake for 10 minutes, and the icing was really easy to quickly mix as well.


Viola!  And they do taste just like Cinnabon.  Our weekend cinnamon roll dynamic has completely changed.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook