DIY - Stamping Post-It Notes

10:28 AM



Although I am faithfully using my DayDesigner right now, I sometimes have more "must do" tasks than the space for three that are allocated on every daily page. I've gotten so used to looking in that space for my Top 3, that if I don't put them there, I forget about them. I've tried squeezing them into the space and have at times covered up the space to make it more usable for my needs, but lately I've been resorting to this hack using basic ruled Post-It Notes  I pick up at Target, some stamps and ink.


I prefer the Versa Magic ink generally, but today I used Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop Ink in Cottage Ivy since I'm using the yellow Post-It notes. 


This set of stamps is obviously from way back in 2015 from Studio Calico; however it has great heading stamps that I use for lists.


I have  a set of these American Crafts Acrylic Stamp Blocks which no longer seem to be available but this one from Hestya is very similar. These blocks are great because they come in a package containing all of the various sizes and the indentations on the side make it so much easier to hold onto during stamping. I last showed them in action in this planning video.


I'm not the best stamper in the world, but I've found with cling stamps, it's easy to tell when you've got too much ink on the stamp when you lose the definition between the lines. Blot it off and start again.


These little wooden stamps are my absolute favorite. I have this little tin from the Target Dollar Spot that I keep on my desk full of them. I've got my numbers 1 -5 for my task list plus this cute girl who has the days of the week under her plus a sweet expression for the vibe of each day.


I do have a harder time inking the wooden stamps, but it doesn't really matter to me if I get the ghosting around the edges. This is just a to-do list after all.


And here's the finished product. If I know it's going to be a crazy week, I will stamp out a list for the entire week at the same time to save time and not have to do it everyday. I pop this Post-It into my DayDesigner, and it's perfect for attracting my attention to make sure I get things done plus it's a fun way to make a basic Post-It cute and functional.

Do you stamp page flags and sticky notes? I'd love to see some of your favorite ways to use them.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook